The 2011 Military Veterans Act was promulgated into law by the State President, in December 2011.
The Act aims to:
- Establish a framework for the implementation of the national policy and standards governing Military Veterans affairs.
- Improve the quality of life of Military Veterans and their dependents so they may realize their socio-economic progress.
- Recognize and honor Military Veterans in life and remembering them in death for their sacrifices on behalf of the nation.
The Minister of Defense and Military Veterans has under section 24(1) of the Military Veterans Act, 2011 (Act No. 18 of 2011), made the regulations in the Schedule. Military Veterans submitted a Memorandum of demands to the Presidency. One of the key demands was the urgent implementation of the outstanding Military Veterans Pension benefit.
It is now with great pleasure to announce that the Government Pension Administration Agency (GPAA) has been appointed by the Department of Military Veterans (DMV) as the administrator for the Military Veterans Pension. GPAA will effectively accept application forms from the April 26, 2023 by the Military Veterans whom are legible for the Military Veterans Pension Fund.
Herewith are the approved application forms to use:
- Military Veteran - Military Veterans Pension form - MVP01Download Details
- Spouse or Dependent - Military Veterans Pension Form - MVP02Download Details
Completed application form together with the required supporting documents can be submitted at any GPAA offices or emailed to Milvet.email@example.com
Enquiries should be directed to Milvet.firstname.lastname@example.org contact number 080 7723 646